The Laboratory is where the Spiral Order's biotechs work, alongside various researchers and Battle Sprite specialists. The Lab has limited power, relying on a barely capable backup generator salvaged from the crashed Skylark.
Points of Interest
- Alchemy Machine: Located in the Northern area of the lab.
- Sprite Food Alchemy Machine: Located in the West area of the Lab near Biscotti.
- The Artifact: Stored in the north area after taking it from Razwog. Later it is stolen by Herex in the 4-2 Mission: A New Threat and no longer present in the lab.
Not all of these characters are located in the laboratory at all times! Some only show up after certain Rank Missions are completed, or during certain missions.
|Morlin||Biotech||The Lab||Informs the player about battle sprites.|
|Biscotti||Skylark Head Chef||The Lab||Informs the player about the diet of battle sprites.|
|Hahn||Biotech||The Lab||Hahn looks busy and does not seem to notice you.|
|Pakrat||Gremlin||The Lab - after mission ???||A friendly Gremlin with a warning about the Crimson Order and information on Emberlight.|
|Riley||Harness Merchant||The Lab||Sells various Battle Sprite harnesses.|
The Laboratory was "up and running" with these patch notes, along with Battle Sprites. Before this patch, the Lab was an area under construction that could not be entered. It was mentioned in these patch notes.
Like other areas on Cradle, the lab is a location with sub locations as time goes on. On the loading screen, "Laboratory: The Lab" might seem redundant, but this flexibility is needed considering Cradle as a whole - see the 4-2 Rank Mission A New Threat for a different loading screen to the same location, which says "A New Threat: The Lab." This indicates that entities of interest are located in "The Lab" - a specific floor or location in an overall area, while titles like "Laboratory" refer to the entire area, structure (or "building"), mission, and so on.
Here are some screenshots of objects and characters you might see in the Lab:
With all Rank Missions completed, the player might see these things in the lab:
- West Area The Drakon type of Battle Sprite seems to be getting some attention. Some E-Class Battle sprites are to the left.
- Middle-Northern Area This path leads North. A bell used to stun enemies in the Gloaming Wildwoods can be seen. An Alchemy Machine stands nearby.
- North Area The Artifact has been stolen. Some minerals are being studied up here by Geoknights.