The Tabard is a costume.
An aged, embroidered tabard that once belonged to a Knight of the Rose, a sacred order of brave and especially dashing heroes whose numerous adventures are the subject of many folk tales. The Knights of the Rose were said to be peerless fencers, believing that their blades were like the flowers of their name: a delicate thing of beauty that hides a vicious sting.
Tabard comes in a variety of color styles, while maintaining the same Cavalier shape:
Available Color Styles
The Tabard is part of the Cavalier Set:
- A sort of rose symbol is visible in the center of the chest area.
- Two free-flapping strands of fabric (not accessories - they're "part of the costume") were added to the back of the shoulders of all Tabards with the "Rose Regalia Reappears!" 2014 promotion.
- These items always come in a set with a relevantly colored Chapeau.
- Naming: Tabard of the Color Rose. Examples: "Tabard of the Coral Rose", "Tabard of the Blue Rose."
- Lore for this item is associated with the Flourish weapon.
- The Tabard costume was first made available to players during the Rose Regalia Promotion. Since then, this item has been re-introduced in new colorings several times. See the Rose Regalia page for details.
- "Rose Regalia Reappears" items were announced as "Reappear!" on the main website, but the items for "Reappear!" were available from a Rose Regalia Returns Prize Box - so, the Box has "returned," for the second time regarding "getting Regalia stuff from boxes", but considering all promotions (not just boxes), the terminology can be confusing. For clarity, visit the Rose Regalia page for names of specific promotions and methods of acquisition.