"Guuurgle! Such strength! You shall be consumed and your power added to my own!" — Dread Velvet
Creep Cakes are the unfortunate result of Biscotti using pure, unrefined dark matter instead of baking powder to speed up a process of making a million cakes required for the Spiral Knights anniversary, which has resulted in Caketastrophe! They can be found in Biscotti's kitchen in the Caketastrophe prestige mission, and also in special lairs that have a chance to appear within Clockwork Tunnel-style levels in a similar fashion to Danger Rooms. Creep Cake lairs and Danger Rooms are not mutually exclusive, meaning both can potentially appear in the same level.
Creep Cake lairs consist of a pathway leading up to a large room, both of which are covered in frosting and adorned with candles, and a party button among several fire traps. Once all players in the party stand on the button, two consecutive waves of assorted Creep Cakes will spawn. Defeating all Creep Cakes within a nest rewards Knight with 3 to 5 Cake Slice tokens which may be exchanged for event-themed masks available from Maskwell.
| All Tiers
These smaller Creep Cakes act almost identically to Royal Mini but are far easier to dispose of. Surprisingly, they are less common than their larger brethren.
Notable Creep Cakes
- The larger Creep Cakes should always be disposed of first due to their candle attack. The tackle is very predictable and easy to avoid, but the candles require a bit more effort since up to five can come up at once (if in tier 3), and can inflict fire on the recipient of the attack.
- Since Creep Cake nests are always accompanied by two fire-inflicting floor grates, care must be taken not to walk into the grates while attacking the monsters lest you be lit on fire.
- Due to the Creep Cakes being a recycled model of the slime cubes, status effects are the same size as they would be on slime cubes and are often covered by the skin. Creep cakes can be inflicted with all status effects (including fire) despite the fact that they cannot be seen.
- Mini Creep Cakes and Creep Cakes share identical attacking animations, attacks and sound effects with Royal Minis and Tier 3 Jelly cubes, respectively.
- It is unknown why Dread Velvet possessed Groat, but due to his chef abilities it's probably that he was being used to create Current Cakes with Moonstone minerals.