Freeze is a status condition that will cause the victim to become frozen in place temporarily. The victim will not be able to move or turn, but can still attack.
Players can attack frozen allies to free them instantly, otherwise a frozen player will thaw out painlessly when the duration ends, or not so painlessly if attacked by a monster. Likewise, frozen monsters are freed if a player or another monster hits them with an attack (regardless of whether or not the attack actually damages them), but unlike players they will take a substantial amount if allowed to thaw out on their own; players are therefore advised to ignore frozen monsters in favor of other targets. Poison does not affect thaw damage.
Freeze-themed enemies are immune to and may inflict freeze status.
- Cryo Knights
- Frost Drops
- Frostifurs, Alpha Frostifurs, and Perma-Frostifurs
- Frozen Deadnaughts
- Frozen Deadnaughts are not immune to freeze.
- Frozen Shamblers
- Ice Cubes
- Ice Cubes will lose their freezing abilities once burned, but regain them and are healed if freeze is used against them.
- Gremlin Coolers
- Coolers are not immune to freeze.
- Pale Scarabs
- Pearl Greavers
- Slush Puppies
- Snow Bunnies
- Void Zombies
- Although immune to it, Void Zombies do not seem able to inflict Freeze.
- Frozen Soul
The following armor sets grants knights resistance to freezing attacks:
The following shields protects against the fury of frosty foes:
The following trinkets will carry a knight through the colder compartments of the Clockworks: