- 1 Recent Changes Is Broken
- 2 Glitches Page
- 3 GM New Page
- 4 Weapon Style Tactics
- 5 Front Page Redesign?
- 6 Front page redesigned!
- 7 Timer Suggestion
- 8 Total price to craft item?
- 9 New Player Brief link
- 10 Better Display the Fan Art?
- 11 Language translation
- 12 Damage tables for all weapons?
- 13 Patch notes and upcoming updates section
- 14 Application
- 15 Advanced Techniques: Shield Cancel, Shield Charge, Shield Bump
- 16 Is there a media player here
- 17 NEW Equipment Encyclopedia Proposal
- 18 energy is annoying me
- 19 Darkspiral guild page
- 20 Missing Information On Some Weapon Pages
- 21 Missing Shankle images and locations
- 22 Attention all Spiral Knights maker people!
- 23 sparialknights
- 24 No pictures anymore/icons :(
- 25 Pictures not appearing anywhere on the wiki.
- 26 How to make new files?
- 27 Would like to say thanks...
Recent Changes Is Broken
It goes directly back to Main Page. Just letting everyone know. Magnus 02:27, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- No it's not, at least, not for me. ----Kazham, Guild Master of Crusade. 02:38, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
Well, the glitches page is finally up and running again (tampered with before). It's mainly made up of screenshots, because thats probably the only way you can explain a glitch. Come have a look! http://wiki.spiralknights.com/Glitches Saphiraliy-- 06:50, 8 May 2012 (UTC)
GM New Page
Hello! I recently strted a page im working on that details all the exclusive GM equips. (Special thanks to GM Atropos). I thought since it is a page of its own at the moment maybe some one could move it to the front/main page? If not then where should i put it as it has both GM armor and helms? For now it is not linked to any other page but hopefully it will be soon! --Xylka 11:24, 3 August 2011 (UTC)
Weapon Style Tactics
I know there is a page of bomber tactics, and I am thinking it would be good to have a page for gunner tactics and swordsman tactics also, and linking them here on the main page somewhere. --ShideKnight 16:31, 23 July 2011
Front Page Redesign?
Equinox recently mentioned that Special:PopularPages was heavily dominated by pages linked to from the front page. It would be nice to make the other information found in the wiki more accessible... what changes can be made to the entry page?
At very least, we should make individual item summary pages (or categories) more visible. A direct link to the crafting page would also help with most of the questions that new players ask me:
--Pauling 16:44, 9 January 2011 (UTC)
- Just bumping this discussion to get some more input! I'll probably also remove the header that says "The Archives" because that makes it sound outdated. --Equinox 17:48, 19 February 2011 (UTC)
Hm, I find myself looking at the alchemy paths and crafting page quite often. Having more direct links to items would also be cool. Same with monsters, which should also get a Boss category I think. Also I agree, change "archives" to "encyclopedia" or something. Pupu 11:40, 21 February 2011 (UTC)
Front Page redesign would definitely be nice. I agree Alchemy paths and Crafting pages should have links on the main page. Also, instead of "The Archives" why not just "Game Information"? Simple enough. What we really need is a way to organize and present links to all the information efficiently. Sorry that I don't have any suggestions, but bumping the discussion for the sake of an appealing front-page. --EqualsN 11:14, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
- Haven't forgotten this. It's definitely in my mind all the time. I just want to finish a couple of the basic pages like the new minerals depositing scheme and a boilerplate for materials pages, then I'll do this (draft on a page and then after comments, implementation). --Equinox 16:55, 5 March 2011 (UTC)
- What about calling "The Archives" something like "Databanks"? It's in charecter, it means the same thing, and doesn't sound like it only contains information of historical relevance. I don't think that calling it "The Encyclopedia" is right, because the whole wiki is the encyclopedia, just some of the data is out of game (controls, billing, Three Rings) and some is in-game (monsters, items, alchemy/crafting). I think it would be good to have a mental separation, if not a physical seperation, of these two classes of information. But then, I'm the sort of person who thinks being a librarian would be cool. Escapepea 19:56, 20 March 2011 (UTC)
Front page redesigned!
WOO! I love the new front page design! AND MY PARTY PAGE IS THERE I'M SO PROUD EVEN THOUGH THERE WERE LIKE 293857293857 MERCILESS EDITS ON IT. I know a few people will miss the globe of Cradle, though. It feels very clean, too.
Question: Would a page about "trading" fall under "Social"? As far as I know, trading is pretty common amongst players. Saphykun 16:46, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
- I thought about doing that, but then got enmeshed in moving the crash pod up and down :) Let me add it now. And the globe fans can just go to Cradle. --Equinox 17:09, 3 April 2011 (UTC)
The new page looks fantastic! One suggestion: Is it possible to hide the "main page" header at the top? The graphical banner is much nicer, and removing the redundancy will save space. --Pauling 02:14, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
- Nope. It's generally considered bad wiki form to not have it there. Even if I could set it to nothing, I believe that space would still be there as a placeholder. It's not really a true space issue though, tomorrow the notice will go away and it will all pretty much fit on 1024x768 which is the smallest, still pretty playable sort of resolution used from what I'm told. --Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
--Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)--Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)--Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)--Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)--Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)--Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)--Ultramech 10:19, 4 November 2012 (UTC)<math><math>Insert formula here</math>[[Link title
- And I know you'll ask, so I'll mention it here: I did what I did for the support portal because it's linked to from the main website (and other spots I think) as a support page/information page rather than a wiki article, and I wanted the look to be a bit similar to both the website and the wiki. Even there the heading is still there, I just made the background black to absorb it :) --Equinox 02:28, 4 April 2011 (UTC)
It may be a interesting factor to show a timer when the Merchant resets or change their randomize items. Anraiki 10:24, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
Total price to craft item?
How about the total price to actually craft the items. For example, the actual price to craft a master blaster would be the price of a blaster + a super blaster + a master blaster, and so on. kddd
it seems that a link to New Player Brief would be a good thing to have on the front page, or at least more prominently displayed somewhere.
Better Display the Fan Art?
I'm an artist myself, and I've already submitted a piece of my fan art to the fan art image category. I was wondering if maybe the fan art section could be linked to somewhere instead of having to take the complicated back route through the Image Tags to get to it. I'm adding this suggestion to the Main Page Discussion because I'm not really sure where a good place to link to Fan Art would be. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks! --BlueBead 16:20, 11 June 2011 (UTC)
- When creating the current main page, there wasn't a whole lot of fan art. Now that we're gaining some more images, I'm open to ideas on how to highlight the great things players have created. I'll have to contemplate this to see what ideas I can come up with as well. --Equinox 22:54, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
I have a question. can I start translating the English version for the wiki in Russian? The pages will be named with the prefix / ru / example: Main Page, Main Page/ru-nik9990 03:40, 18 June 2011 (UTC)
- I've replied to this on my talk page. --Equinox 22:53, 24 June 2011 (UTC)
And what about Italian? --Clod 12:22, 26 August 2011 (UTC)
- The same goes for any other languages not currently directly available in Spiral Knights. Because Spiral Knights does not have support staff that can tend to edits in non-supported languages to properly administrate that language's wiki articles, a project like that cannot be put on the official wiki. If you have questions or concerns about this, please contact support via https://www.spiralknights.com/support/#mail --Equinox 21:13, 27 August 2011 (UTC)
Damage tables for all weapons?
I think we need to ensure that all weapon pages come with a damage table, even if the information isn't available. I noticed that many weapons lack such a table. --Tathar 21:48, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
- Perhaps if you had a tutorial as to how to create one, people would be more inclined to do it?--Eternity08 15:10, 5 August 2011 (UTC)
Patch notes and upcoming updates section
Would be of use. --Evilenginen9 01:30, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
Bold text Character name:Lightstrom Real/nick name:SAM Age:13 Gender:Male
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING SPIRAL KNIGHTS? - Well for about 4-5 months now.
HOW MANY RUNS DO YOU DO A DAY IN T1-T2,and HOW DAILY DO U PLAY IT? - Usually until my tank runs down to 10. Almost daily now that my school friends play.
DO YOU ENJOY PVP? - OF course i do everyone should, its great to other players that got your back when u need them!
DO U KNOW ANYONE FROM OUR GUILD? - Ya i do ran into u (nj) and a few others whoo i cant rember the names of at the moment.SORRY 'bout that O_O
TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF? - K im a hard core gamer, always wanting to be the best be at THE TOP OF RANKS. WROTE this app. to be part of an activate group of smart gaming individuals.I get the hang of games in a snap and willing to make as many good diverse friends as possible.
Advanced Techniques: Shield Cancel, Shield Charge, Shield Bump
Spiral Knights provides us with a few not so known techniques that can improve our game-play and effectiveness. Some of these techniques require a minimum of tech-skill and practice to really see the benefits (SC), but others are very basic and probably known by many (SB). List of known Advanced Techniques:
Shield Cancel (SC): One of the most useful techniques, specially with swords. This tech is based on holding your shield as soon as you attach with your sword, this will cause an animation cancellation in your attack, making your attack not only finishing quicker, but also having the chance of shield bumping or blocking an enemy's attack.
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2mr8g7l.jpg In this animation I'm shield canceling with my calibur, and as soon as the animation cancels I do the next attack. Notice how the shield doesn't show, but it still causes a shield bump if an enemy is close enough. If timed perfectly, the shield shouldn't show. I will make more animations with more specific situations and other ways to implement shield cancelling. *Understand that applying this technique with a proper timing will make you not only attack quicker than your actual sword combo, but you will also shield bump while staying in the same place!**
Shield Charge (SCH): This technique is basically a way to start your charged attack directly from shielding. While shielding, hold your attack button at the same time, as if you wanted to charge your attack inside your shield. If you wait a little, then release your shield while still holding your attack, you will come out of your shield charging your attack directly. This works for all kinds of weapons, and gives you the chance of charging your attack from a defensive move, instead of the usual initial swing (Swords), or shot(guns).
Shield Bumping (SB): Widely known technique, not really hard to apply. This technique works as a pushing barrier to get monsters out of the way, or to move/space them for your convenience. This technique is fairly fast so it comes in handy in many situations. To shield bump you have to tilt your shield on enemies. This will only work if the shield is activated near the enemy's hurtbox, and only if its done at the beginning of the shielding animation. [[ This page is currently under development. ]]
Add something like | Accessories
Is there a media player here
Is there avaliable any media player tag in here? Something to play external mp3 file or maybe to show youtube video on page?--—Preceding unsigned comment added by Asukalan (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Nope. You can only link to it--Trying 02:05, 5 August 2012 (UTC)
NEW Equipment Encyclopedia Proposal
I think that the Alchemy/Crafting icon should be the recipes one. I don't have the Furnishing icon, so I've used the recipe/alchemy one. --Klauser 10:43, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- I like the idea of including more stuff, though a number of those added items like tokens, materials, and furnishing are not actually equipment. The only other issue is that it's too wide for the set width box and is line wrapping which doesn't look all that great. Also, you can use --~~~~ (or click on the second to last button in the row above the editing window to sign your comments. --Equinox 02:05, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
- I was thinking in the game interface and all those icons in the arsenal popup that are in daily use but without direct access to them from the home page. Sometimes I want to see the list of materials and (if I'm not using the Search bar) I have to go look up the word "materials" written somewhere in the Crafting article in order to click it. That's why I was thinking of trying to have all the basics things of the game interface easy to access by the player who comes to the wiki.--Klauser 10:43, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
energy is annoying me
im getting pretty annoyed at the mist energy now because now im a knight and i want to craft stuff but also want do missions and have enough energy to do them. i was wondering if the spiral knight people who manage the game or whatever to make it so that mist energy could be regained faster and/or get a bigger energy tank.so say if every 5 or 4 ranks you would get 50 more energy to be used, like if you ranked up to rank 5/knight your mist tank cap would go up to 150 instead of 100.
thanks for listening and i hope you can do something about it so us spiral knights gamers will enjoy the game even more. P.S-its not just me who thinks this its a hole bunch of people.
- I think this kind of suggestions / requests should be in the forum and not in the wiki. Forum Access --Klauser 10:46, 16 December 2012 (UTC)
Darkspiral guild page
The darkspiral guild is not very popular but please join if you want to. If you do want to join, please contact one of the officers (or me) to recruit you. Here are some of the people in our guild. (if you do join, i'll post your name on this page too).
Mellamoman-guild founder and master
Jatjacob-first guild member and officer
The guild upkeep changes almost everyday (either getting higher or lower) and if you can't pay it, our guild will pay a small amount of crowns and nothing more. Darkspiral will accept all ranks of knights. We also accept noobs and experts to our guild and won't judge. Please know that if you do not pay the upkeep for 3 weeks straight, you will be kicked out. Also every week you don't pay upkeep, you will get demoted. We only get extra stuff for our guild if guild mates pay extra. If you want to buy something for yourself and have enough crowns, contact me or our officers. If you want a room for yourself, please trade enough crowns to buy the room and a door. We buy levels with everybodys crowns. Also from time to time, either I request you or you request me, I will promote you to officer and give you 5 minutes to recruit as many people as you can. If you recruit a large amount of people, you will be promoted. The Darkspiral guild will have meetings every Saturday or Sunday (in case of school problems with members) in the meet room. We hope to get lots of members so please join if interested.
Missing Information On Some Weapon Pages
Just thought I should bring this up. Some weapons around the wiki have some empty tables for the Damage Table or completely wrong tables. Some examples would be Nightblade, Strike Needle, etc. We should probably starting searching around the wiki and fill these in, and it would be much appreciated if anyone with the data for these tables could contribute. --Avak989 17:27, 16 March 2013 (UTC)
Missing Shankle images and locations
Golden Dark Shankle and Golden Sharp Shankle need a correct image and locations, if someone find those monsters in the clockworks, take of picture of them.
Attention all Spiral Knights maker people!
I just thought of an amazing new costume. I was thinking there should be Prismatic Jelly Helm/Suit. Stuffs like that. Thanks for listening!
- This is not the place for suggestions, try the Suggestion forum --Lithium31337 00:20, 17 July 2013 (UTC)
can u um do somthing where i can ply with out downloading it cause i dont have a cpu so i have to go to the libary and u cant download things please can u make a change and acually read this cause if u was in this postion what would u do and i dont have alot of moeny
No pictures anymore/icons :(
There is no icons and pictures anymore, It doesn't look as nice anymore, please fix this.
--Cdst16 10:39, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
May I say my thanks for whoever fixed the pictures/icons issue! congrats!
--Cdst16 04:33, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
Pictures not appearing anywhere on the wiki.
I don't know if it is just me, but there are no pictures showing up here, it just says "file:icon (insert whatever here) .png" I have no idea why this is happening, or if it can be fixed by myself or someone else.
(Huh, didn't see the other topic on this, but now I know it's not just me.) Billibob 05:23, 30 March 2014 (UTC)
How to make new files?
I have a question. i have a print-screen here of a Eternal Orb of Alchemy at depth 17 Elite stratum 4. I want to put this print-screen at the rarity page.
But, i dint find any way to put this print screen in, as there is no way i found to download one image i have on my computer to the Wiki. Also, this is image is true and i can show both of the prints i have of the eternal orb of alchemy whit me and, the print of the eternal orb of alchemy at depth 17, Stratum 4 at Elite dificulty.
Is there any way to put this print screen here at wiki , than make a new file?
If not, please, tell me how can i make a file of something. i have saved as JPEG and it's in my computer. Thanks.
Would like to say thanks...
Whoever the admins of the wiki site are, I would like to thank them for the prompt fixing up of editing on the wiki, it's not perfect, but at least vandals can't damage the main wiki pages any more :) --Cdst16 (talk) 06:43, 7 April 2017 (PDT)