(Redirected from Slag Guard
Deadnaughts are a type of monster found in the Clockworks.
Deadnaughts are giant, shielded undead brutes that appear to be heavily armored Zombies. Deadnaughts attack by charging after knights with their spear, and they have the ability to revive Zombies and Bombies when they are near them, much like a Grim Totem. There are two basic variants of Deadnaughts: one, consisting only of the Almirian Royal Guard and the Almirian Shadow Guard, revives their undead brethren automatically when in range (indicated by a circle on the floor), while the more common second type, introduced in the Legion of Almire Danger Mission and containing all other Deadnaughts, needs to charge the revive move before using it.
Most Deadnaughts inflict shadow damage after Tier 2; however, both Almirian Guard variants deal strictly normal damage and therefore are the only members of the undead family to deal no shadow damage after Tier 1.
The typical strategy for these monsters is simply to always keep an eye on them. Unlike standard monsters who attack based on how close you are and your actions, these monsters will aggro any person and attack based on a timer instead of actions. The best method to taking down these tricky foes is to simply watch and wait for them to charge and then move out of their way and attack their back. After their charge misses, they will turn around to face their target quickly, which makes it tricky to land hits alone. You may need a teammate to help attack if you can't do it fast enough yourself. Note that their resurrection circle can be used as a warning sign that one is about to charge in from off-screen, so keep an eye on the floor.
Resurrection Circle Radius
- Deadnaughts are usually accompanied by Zombies and Bombies in battles, they must be the first priority to kill because of their powers of resurrection.
- Almirian Royal Guards are probably undead Almirian citizens, considering the backstory of the Firestorm Citadel.
- Despite appearing to be beefed-up Slag Walkers, neither variety of the Almirian Royal Guard can inflict fire, and they can receive the fire status from weapons or vials.
- Since Vanaduke does not spawn Slag Walkers in his fifth phase, the Almirian Royal Guard's Resurrection ability is not used, the circle radius can be used as advantage to see them come when they use the Lance Charge.
- The Almirian Royal Guard is currently the only Deadnaught variant not to appear in any prestige missions, only spawning during the battle against Lord Vanaduke.
- Deadnaughts were known as Slag Guards before the release 2012-06-28.
- A deadnaught may get inflicted with its own status.
- Deadnaughts use shields similar to the Dread Skelly Shield.