Zombies are a type of monster found in the Clockworks. Zombies do not use their breath attack until tier 2, when they will use it to inflict a status effect but no damage. Unlike many monsters, Zombies do not change appearances as Knights progress deeper into the Clockworks.
All Zombies are immune to Curse. They are also immune to damage while they crawl out of the ground, either by spawning or being revived.They can also grab enemies with their jump, but since their bite was removed the player will only be immobilised.
|| Zombies will sometimes spawn with a grim totem that emits a ring of purple energy. If a Zombie is killed within this ring, its skull will land on the ground. The next pulse of energy the totem emits will revive the Zombie, accompanied by the graphical display of the word "ARISE!". Totems cannot be destroyed, but they can be carried to other locations. If the totem is removed before emitting a pulse the skull will desintegrate shortly after.
Grim Totems can be found in places as:
- A good strategy is to gun it from a distance so that its Strike and Breath attacks can't reach you while you can run away from leap attacks. In a recent update, leaping attacks now deal damage to the knight.
- Their leap attack has a chance of latching onto and immobilizing Knights. Knights will not be able to move, shield, or change direction while a Zombie is on top of them, so keep attacking it until if falls off! The damaging portion of the attack is also very long-lasting. It will often take two blocks before you can lower your shield and knights can take damage from walking near a Zombie that has just recently landed from a jump.
- The breath attack is interrupted by any hit while the claw and leap attacks require sufficient damage or rapid-fire hits to interrupt. Zombies in tiers 1 and 2 are knocked down by interruptions but tier 3 zombies tend to only flinch.
- If you shield as a Zombie leaps at you, the shield push will immediately knock it back further away from you than it was when it began to attack.
- It would be best to move any nearby Totem(s) to one corner so you can have more room to fight.
Monstrous Codex: Zombie
Shambling Zombies will rise from the dead if killed near a Grim Totem. Draw them away so you can give them eternal rest.