Mecha Knights are a type of monster found in the Clockworks.
Mecha Knights are creations supposedly made by Gremlins to protect themselves during Clockworks maintenance. In Tier 3, Mecha Knights may unleash 4 projectiles or bombs when they activate their charge attack. All of the Mecha Knights have the unfortunate habit of shocking themselves, damaging themselves in the process; however, they can then pass that shock to their enemies or an allied Quicksilver. Their swords are based on the form of a Static Edge or Hot Edge, with the exception of normal Mecha Knights, which use the Bolted Blade, and Mecha Knight kits, which use the Tempered Calibur. The unfriendly Mecha Knights also seem to use the Iron Buckler shield, while the Mecha Knight kits use the Great Defender.
It is best to gun them down from afar, as their charge attacks can take away a sizable amount of health. If one is close to you and emits a whirring sound, run away or block the strike. Baiting them into their melee combo and then shooting them is an effective strategy, as being shot during the combo automatically knocks them down.
- Their shields have a long cooldown, so gunners can take that opportunity to land some shots.
Never allow them to surround you, especially in arenas. They will make fast work of your health due to blocking you from moving
- If there are groups of them, stay out of the bundle and attack at intervals, charge attacks prove useful in breaking up the bundles.
- Note that all Mecha Knights (including Volt Knights and Mecha Knight Kits) can and usually will inflict themselves with shock, disrupting anything they are doing at the moment they are shocked.
If freeze weapons are used, take caution when approaching a Mecha Knight anyways. They will start attacking even if
approached from behind, and these attacks can thaw buddies out. They also spin around instantly, so striking one during the melee combo will likely result in taking a hit.
Notable Mecha Knights
| All Tiers|
- Sword Slash
- Charge Attack
Can be re-activated for 5 energy in:
This monster does not drop any items.
Unlike its brethren, this loyal Mecha Knight will fight the enemies of Spiral Knights who assemble or free it from its imprisonment of the deconstruction zones until it is defeated. Comes with built-in teleportation instead of a leash. Unfortunately, it cannot follow you to the next floor, and it will also eventually malfunction to the point of destruction.
- During the mission The Ancient Generator, a lot of deactivated Mecha Knights appear in the level. Interestingly enough, there are several types of Construct monsters (Scuttlebots, Retrodes or Gun Puppies) that the player must fight in the current level except for Mecha Knights.
- Zombies can lunge onto Mecha Knight Kits. They can get Immobilized just like knights can, and Mecha Knight Kits are able to knock zombies off just like knights can.
- As Mecha Knight Kits have similar attributes to monsters code-wise, they can be healed by Mender runes and area healing abilities. Due to their alignment though, Menders will not actively attempt to heal damaged Mecha Knight Kits, so a Mender will never use a single target heal on a Mecha Knight Kit