We have endeavored to give a new and improved UI for Spiral Knights. The game window consists of a few different parts and taken up by the world view. Here you can see your knight walking around in Haven - use your left mouse button, the WASD keys, or the arrow keys to move. Alternatively you can set your movements and actions by hitting ESC and going to controls. While in Haven, a player's rank will be shown with their name above their heads. Player names will show white, green if a guildmate and blue if a friend. This color scheme is also used on the mini map.
The top left corner of the screen includes:
- A visible character portrait - serves as a shortcut to the Social menu to easily use the party, friends and guild options.
- Health bar - health pips change from red to silver and finally gold as more health is accrued. Additionally, a percentage health display is present.
- Shield power meter.
The bottom left corner of the screen includes:
- The main menu.
- The help menu (F1: support, controls, energy, clockworks, monsters)
- The social menu (F6)
- The event hub (F7)
- The uplink menu
- The bottom left corner of the screen, above the menus, displays your chat. Type ENTER or / to initiate chat. Type R to reply to a private message.
The top right corner of the screen includes:
- Minimap - featuring enemy locations, NPCs, instance selections and zoom.
- Activities panel - contains all the various activities that you can perform in a given zone, such as direct access to Ready Room, Guild Hall, mission selections, party finder or the Supply Depot.
The bottom right corner includes:
- Energy widget - when needed, the energy widget will show up above this widget and under the Activities Panel. To view it any time, open your Arsenal.
- Access to your character (P on the keyboard)
- Access to your loadouts (L on the keyboard)
- Access to the forge (U on the keyboard)
- Access to your Arsenal - (I on the keyboard) this option will also allow you view the crowns and energy that your knight holds.
In the Clockworks
- A weapon selection 'wheel' that allows you to see the name and icon of your weapons
- Targeting UI that displays information about whatever you are targeting. For monsters this includes health, attack types and weaknesses.
- Monster and player damage flash effects for better clarity in combat.
- Vials and Capsule Belt featuring an additional slot for a Vitapod.
- Current objective notice will show under the minimap.
- Starting out - a tutorial for starting out in the game.
- New Player Briefing - for some quick information about how the game works.
- List of commonly used abbreviations
|Starting Out | New Player Briefing | User interface | Useful Links|
|Bombing Guide | Gunslinger Guide | Swordmaster Guide|