The minimap is a navigation tool. It is located in the top-right corner of the game window.
An arrow indicates where your knight stands in the area. It is always in the center of the map. This arrow rotates to match the direction your knight is facing.
- This arrow is golden when not in the clockworks.
- This arrow matches your knight's Personal Color while in the clockworks.
The quality of your connection to the server is displayed in the top right of the minimap. The higher the number of bars, the better the connection.
- - brings up a menu that allows the player to change Haven instances.
- - zooms in or out in certain areas.
- When players are close together and you are zoomed in, speech bubbles of very nearby players will not pop up.
- - locks up the HUD when in the clockworks to avoid opening up menus in the middle of combat. Is normally not toggle-able elsewhere.
The Minimap in General
Other players will appear on your minimap as colored dots, determined by their name color. If the knight is off the edge of your screen, their dot will change into an arrow pointing you toward their location.
- A greyish dot is a stranger - not a Stranger, haha - an unknown player!
- A blue dot is a Friend.
- A green dot is a Guild Member.
While in the Haven and other similar areas, various icons will indicate specific points of interest:
= Usually indicates a Krogmo Alchemy Machine.
= Usually indicates a machine that makes trophies.
= Usually indicates the Auction House.
= Usually indicates the entrance to the Lab.
= Usually indicates the entrance to Guild Halls.
= Usually indicates a battle sprite vendor. Applies to Riley.
= Usually indicates an area where the player can accessorize. Applies to Bechamel and his station.
= Usually indicates a vendor who sells gear that isn't a weapon. Seen in the Haven Bazaar.
= Usually indicates a Spiral knight, usually a HoH vendor.
= Usually indicates a token trader. Applies to Brinks and various other token vendors.
- = Usually indicates a specific token vendor during Caketastrophe.
- = Usually indicates a specific token vendor during the Dark Harvest Festival.
= Usually indicates a weapon vendor. Seen in the Haven Bazaar.
The minimap in the Clockworks
Other players will appear on your minimap as colored dots. These dots will match Personal Color of the player they represent.
While in the Clockworks icons for various entities can appear:
Static, or non-functioning minimap:
- In the "Unknown Passage," a floor encountered the after the boss fight in all Shadow Lairs, the mini map is covered by static.
- This is also the case for the "Grasping Plateau," a floor encountered in the event-exclusive prestige mission Shroud of the Apocrea.
- release 2010-12-08, release 2013-01-30, and release 2013-05-22: icons in the minimap were added and/or modified.
- release 2013-04-03: monsters show up on the minimap and the minimap has a "sleeker" look along with the rest of the HUD.
- release 2014-02-26: the minimap shows a better contrast between walkable areas and obstacles.
- release 2014-04-02: an option to show the area map as a transparent overlay was added to the HUD. (Controlled by the button or by pressing B).